Red Sox vs. Rangers Probable Starting Pitchers Today - September 18
The Texas Rangers (82-67) and Boston Red Sox (74-76) both enter Monday's matchup on losing streaks. The Rangers have dropped three in a row, the Red Sox four in a row.
The Rangers will look to Jordan Montgomery (9-11) versus the Red Sox and Kutter Crawford (6-7).
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Red Sox vs. Rangers Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Monday, September 18, 2023
- Time: 8:05 PM ET
- TV: BSSW
- Location: Arlington, Texas
- Venue: Globe Life Field
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Montgomery - TEX (9-11, 3.47 ERA) vs Crawford - BOS (6-7, 4.18 ERA)
Explore More About This Game
|Red Sox Injury Report|
|Rangers vs Red Sox Betting Trends & Stats|
|How to Watch Rangers vs Red Sox|
|Rangers vs Red Sox Odds|
|Rangers vs Red Sox Prediction|
Red Sox Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Kutter Crawford
- Crawford gets the start for the Red Sox, his 21st of the season. He is 6-7 with a 4.18 ERA and 114 strikeouts in 112 2/3 innings pitched.
- His last appearance came on Tuesday against the New York Yankees, when the right-hander tossed 4 2/3 innings, surrendering one earned run while allowing three hits.
- The 27-year-old has a 4.18 ERA and 9.2 strikeouts per nine innings in 28 games this season, while allowing a batting average of .229 to his opponents.
- Crawford has two quality starts under his belt this season.
- Crawford will look to collect his 11th game of five or more innings pitched this season. He's averaging four innings per appearance.
- In seven of his appearances this season he did not surrender an earned run.
Kutter Crawford vs. Rangers
- The opposing Rangers offense has the third-ranked slugging percentage (.454) and ranks sixth in home runs hit (209) in all of MLB. They have a collective .266 batting average, and are second in the league with 1375 total hits and third in MLB action scoring 818 runs.
- Crawford has thrown four innings, giving up three earned runs on seven hits while striking out three against the Rangers this season.
Rangers Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Jordan Montgomery
- Montgomery (9-11) will take to the mound for the Rangers and make his 30th start of the season.
- The left-hander did not allow a run in seven innings pitched on Wednesday in his last outing, a matchup with the Toronto Blue Jays.
- The 30-year-old has pitched in 29 games this season with a 3.47 ERA and 7.8 strikeouts per nine innings with a batting average against of .251.
- In 29 starts this season, he's earned 17 quality starts.
- Montgomery has pitched five or more innings in two straight games and will look to extend that streak.
- He has finished six appearances without allowing an earned run in 29 chances this season.
- Among qualified pitchers this year, the 30-year-old's 3.47 ERA ranks 12th, 1.221 WHIP ranks 26th, and 7.8 K/9 ranks 36th.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.