Red Sox vs. Padres: Odds, spread, over/under - May 21
As they try to secure the series sweep on Sunday, May 21, Corey Kluber will toe the rubber for the Boston Red Sox (26-20) as they match up against the San Diego Padres (20-26), who will answer with Michael Wacha. The first pitch will be thrown at 4:10 PM ET at PETCO Park.
Bookmakers list the Padres as -155 favorites on the moneyline, while giving the underdog Red Sox +125 moneyline odds. A 9-run over/under has been set for this game.
Red Sox vs. Padres Time and TV Channel
- Date: Sunday, May 21, 2023
- Time: 4:10 PM ET
- TV: BSSD
- Location: San Diego, California
- Venue: PETCO Park
- Probable Pitchers: Wacha - SD (4-1, 4.06 ERA) vs Kluber - BOS (2-5, 6.41 ERA)
Watch live sports and TV without cable on all your devices with a seven-day free trial to Fubo!
Red Sox vs. Padres Betting Odds, Run Line and Total
Take a look at the odds, run line and over/under for this matchup listed at individual sportsbooks.
|Padres Moneyline||Red Sox Moneyline||Run Line||Total|
|DraftKings||-170||+145||-||9||Bet on this game with DraftKings!|
|BetMGM||-155||+125||-||9||Bet on this game with BetMGM!|
|PointsBet||-175||+145||-||9||Bet on this game with PointsBet!|
|Tipico||-145||+125||Padres (-1.5)||-||Bet on this game with Tipico!|
Looking to bet on the Red Sox versus Padres game but don't know where to start? Consider some of the most common betting types, such as the moneyline, run line, and total. A moneyline bet, such as the Red Sox (+125) in this matchup, means that you think the Red Sox will win, simple as that! And if they do, and you bet $10, you'd get $22.50 back.
And that's not all. There are many other ways to bet, as well. For example, you can wager on player props (will Alex Verdugo hit a home run?), parlays (combining picks from different games to multiply your potential winnings), and more. Visit the BetMGM website and app for additional info on the many different ways you can bet on games.
Ready to place your bet? Click here to sign up and claim your BetMGM Promo today.
Discover More About This Game
|Red Sox Injury Report|
|Padres vs Red Sox Betting Trends & Stats|
|Padres vs Red Sox Player Props|
|Padres vs Red Sox Pitching Matchup|
|How to Watch Padres vs Red Sox|
|Padres vs Red Sox Prediction|
Red Sox vs. Padres Betting Trends and Insights
- The Padres have entered the game as favorites 27 times this season and won 12, or 44.4%, of those games.
- The Padres have gone 7-9 (winning 43.8% of their games) when they have played as moneyline favorites of -155 or shorter.
- Bookmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that San Diego has a 60.8% chance to win.
- The Padres played as the moneyline favorite in six of their last 10 games, and finished 1-5 in those matchups.
- In its last 10 matchups (all had set totals), San Diego combined with its opponents to hit the over on the run total one time.
- The Red Sox have been underdogs in 27 games this season and have come away with the win 15 times (55.6%) in those contests.
- The Red Sox have a mark of 9-3 in contests where oddsmakers favor them by +125 or worse on the moneyline.
- In seven games over the last 10 matchups when set as underdogs by sportsbooks, the Red Sox had a record of 4-3.
- In the last 10 games with a total, Boston and its opponents have failed to hit the over five times.
Red Sox vs. Padres Player Props
|Hits O/U||Total Bases O/U||HR O/U||RBI O/U|
|Rafael Devers||0.5 (-222)||1.5 (+120)||0.5 (+350)||0.5 (+145)|
|Alex Verdugo||0.5 (-222)||1.5 (+140)||0.5 (+700)||0.5 (+250)|
|Kiké Hernández||0.5 (-189)||0.5 (-189)||0.5 (+575)||0.5 (+180)|
|Raimel Tapia||0.5 (-189)||0.5 (-189)||0.5 (+800)||0.5 (+230)|
|Reese McGuire||0.5 (-125)||0.5 (-125)||0.5 (+1100)||0.5 (+310)|
Check out all the player prop markets available for this game, including betting on players to get a hit, go deep, or pick up a bunch of strikeouts. Head to BetMGM for the latest odds available for the Red Sox, and place your bets.
Want a different way to play? Put together your best lineup of players and you could win cash prizes! Sign up for FanDuel Fantasy using our link for the best first-time player offer.
Red Sox Futures Odds
|Odds||MLB Rank||AL East Rank|
|Win World Series||+6600||18th||5th|
|Win AL East||+3000||-||5th|
Think the Red Sox can win it all? Check out the latest futures odds for Boston and place your bets with BetMGM Sportsbook! Be sure to use our link for a great new user offer.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit sportsbook websites for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.