NC State vs. Princeton Women's Basketball Predictions & Picks - NCAA Tournament First Round
Friday's contest that pits the NC State Wolfpack (20-11) versus the Princeton Tigers (23-5) at Jon M. Huntsman Center has a good chance to be a close matchup based on our computer prediction, which projects a final score of 64-62 in favor of NC State. Game time is at 10:00 PM ET on March 17.
Last time out, the Wolfpack lost 66-60 to Notre Dame on Friday.
NC State vs. Princeton Game Info
- When: Friday, March 17, 2023 at 10:00 PM ET
- Where: Jon M. Huntsman Center in Salt Lake City, Utah
- How to Watch on TV: ESPN2
NC State vs. Princeton Score Prediction
- Prediction: NC State 64, Princeton 62
NC State Schedule Analysis
- The Wolfpack notched their best win of the season on December 1, when they beat the Iowa Hawkeyes, who rank No. 3 in the AP's Top 25, by a score of 94-81.
- The Wolfpack have tied for the 21st-most Quadrant 1 victories in the country (six), but also have tied for the 46th-most Quadrant 1 losses (eight).
- NC State has tied for the 21st-most Quadrant 2 wins in the nation (six).
NC State 2022-23 Best Wins
- 94-81 on the road over Iowa (No. 3/AP Poll) on December 1
- 69-65 at home over Notre Dame (No. 10/AP Poll) on January 29
- 77-66 at home over North Carolina (No. 20/AP Poll) on February 16
- 63-51 on the road over Louisville (No. 21) on January 22
- 65-54 on the road over Georgia (No. 33) on December 5
Princeton Schedule Analysis
- The Tigers beat the Columbia Lions (No. 45 in our computer rankings) in a 74-56 win on February 4 -- their best victory of the season.
- The Tigers have two wins versus Quadrant 1 teams, tied for the 48th-most in the country.
- When facing Quadrant 2 teams, Princeton is 4-1 (.800%) -- tied for the 44th-most wins.
Princeton 2022-23 Best Wins
- 74-56 on the road over Columbia (No. 45) on February 4
- 54-48 at home over Harvard (No. 65) on March 11
- 51-47 at home over Harvard (No. 65) on February 24
- 62-58 on the road over Seton Hall (No. 73) on November 14
- 56-54 at home over Rhode Island (No. 75) on December 28
NC State Performance Insights
- The Wolfpack are outscoring opponents by 8.6 points per game with a +265 scoring differential overall. They put up 71.1 points per game (67th in college basketball) and give up 62.5 per outing (124th in college basketball).
- NC State is averaging 65.2 points per game this season in conference action, which is 5.9 fewer points per game than its overall average (71.1).
- The Wolfpack put up 75.9 points per game when playing at home, compared to 63.5 points per game away from home, a difference of 12.4 points per contest.
- In 2022-23, NC State is surrendering 59.3 points per game when playing at home. Away from home, it is allowing 67.6.
- On the offensive side of the ball, the Wolfpack have had a hard time putting the ball in the basket over their last 10 games, scoring 64.5 points per contest over that span as opposed to the 71.1 they've put up over the course of this year.
Princeton Performance Insights
- The Tigers put up 65.6 points per game (165th in college basketball) while giving up 52.5 per outing (fifth in college basketball). They have a +367 scoring differential and outscore opponents by 13.1 points per game.
- In conference play, Princeton is scoring more points (66.8 per game) than it is overall (65.6) in 2022-23.
- The Tigers are putting up fewer points at home (63.5 per game) than on the road (67.9).
- Princeton allows 49.5 points per game at home, and 55.9 away.
- Over their past 10 games, the Tigers are averaging 66.4 points per contest, 0.8 more than their season average (65.6).
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.