1 1/2 lbs. (about 5) tomatoes, ripe, peeled, chopped
1 cucumber, peeled, seeded, coarsely chopped
1 bell pepper, red or green, small, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 small red onion, finely chopped
1/4 cup white vinegar
1 1/2 cups low sodium tomato juice
1 1/2 slices white bread, torn in pieces
Salt, pepper and hot pepper sauce, to taste (optional)
Cabot® Sharp Light Shredded Cheddar (optional)
4 Cedar's® Wheat Wraps (for serving)
Herbed Walnuts Ingredients:
1 tsp. walnut oil
2 tsp. rosemary, fresh, chopped
Pinch McCormick® GourmetTM Cayenne Pepper
Salt, if desired
2/3 cup California walnuts, chopped
1. In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, cucumber, bell pepper, garlic, onion, vinegar, tomato juice and bread.
2. Process the soup in batches in a food processor or blender just until it is coarsely puréed - it should not be too
3. Return the soup to the large bowl, cover and chill thoroughly. Before serving, if the soup seems too thick, stir in some
4. Season with salt, pepper and hot pepper sauce to taste, if desired.
5. Ladle the soup into bowls and top each serving with Herbed Walnuts and cheese, if desired. Serve with the wrap.
Herbed Walnuts Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. To prepare the herbed walnuts, spread the oil in a small baking pan and place the pan in the oven for 3 to 4 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, in a small cup or bowl, stir together the rosemary, cayenne and a pinch of salt, if desired; set aside.
4. Add the walnuts to the oil and stir and toss to coat them. Sprinkle with the rosemary mixture then stir until the
nuts are lightly toasted.
5. Set aside until serving.
Amount per serving: 230 Calories; 7 g Protein; 22 g Carbohydrate; 6 g Fiber; 14 g Total Fat; 1.5 g Saturated Fat;
2 g Monounsaturated Fat; 10 g Polyunsaturated Fat; 0 mg Cholesterol; 260 mg Sodium
Source: California Walnuts®