St. Albans family loses home in Thanksgiving day fire

By  | 

ST. ALBANS, Maine (WABI) - No word yet on what started a Thanksgiving night fire that left a family homeless.

Crews were called to the Palmyra Road in St. Albans around 6:30.

The homeowner tells us that he and a friend were there at the time and were able to escape.

His girlfriend and their 7 month old daughter were not in the house.

According to the fire chief, the fire started in the baby's bedroom.

The man who lives there says he was sent to the hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation but was later released.