AUGUSTA, Maine (WABI) Some extra help will be offered to homeless veterans this weekend.
Staff at Togus VA Medical Center in Augusta are providing outreach Saturday as part of the 20th annual Stand Down.
From 9 to 4, veterans can get clothing, personal care items, food, even haircuts...for free.
Flu shots will be available, along with resources for housing, jobs, and legal help.
Disabled American Veterans (DAV) provides free transportation to and from the Stand Down. Veterans must meet at the pick-up and drop-off location listed to have transportation provided.
DAV Van Departure Locations and Times:
• Bangor Area Shelter, 263 Main St., Bangor, ME, Depart: 7:15 a.m., Tel: 947-0092
• Betsy Ann Ross House of Hope, Summer St., Augusta, ME, Depart: 7:45 a.m., Tel: 626-7000
• Bread of Life Shelter, 155 Hospital St., Augusta, ME, Depart: 8:15 a.m., Tel: 626-3479
• Bread of Life Soup Kitchen, 157 Water St., Augusta, ME, Depart: 8:00 a.m., Tel: 621-2541 (please wait by the door)
• Emmaus Shelter, 51 Main St., Ellsworth, ME, Depart: 6:30 a.m., Tel: 667-3962
• Hope Haven Mission, 209 Lincoln St., Lewiston, ME, Depart: 7:00 a.m., Tel: 783-6086
• Hope House, 179 Indiana St., Bangor, ME, Depart: 7:00 a.m., Tel: 217-6713
• Hospitality House, 169 Old country Rd., Rockport, ME, Depart: 7:30 a.m., Tel: 593-8151
• Mid Maine Homeless Shelter, 9 Colby St., Waterville, ME, Depart: 7:20 a.m., Tel: 872-8082
• Milestone, 28 Portland Ave., Old Orchard Beach, ME, Depart: 7:55 a.m., Tel: 934-5231 • Milestone, 65 India St., Portland, ME, Depart: 7:30 a.m., Tel: 775-4790
• New Hope Shelter, 111 So. Main St., Solon, ME, Depart: 6:30 a.m., Tel: 669-4402
• Preble Street Resource Center (wheelchair accessible bus), 8 Portland St., Portland, ME, Depart: 7:00 a.m., Tel: 874-6560
• Saco Train Station, 128 Main St. and Saco Island on Main St., Saco, ME, Depart: 7:30 a.m.
• Sanford Vet Center, 628 Main St., Springvale, ME, Depart: 6:30 a.m., Tel: 490-1513
• Tedford Shelter, 49 Cumberland St., Brunswick, ME, Depart: 7:30 a.m., Tel: 725-4871
• Trinity Shelter, 12 McClellan St., Skowhegan, ME, Depart: 7:00 a.m., Tel: 399-7538
Transportation may be available from additional shelter locations around the state. For more information about the Homeless Veteran Stand Down, please call Gabrielle Farris, HUD-VASH Advanced Medical Support Assistant, VA Maine Healthcare System, 207-623-8411, ext. 2802.