Red Cross helping 6 people after Bangor house fire

By  | 

BANGOR, Maine (WABI) - Bangor firefighters say a working smoke detector helped four people safely get out of a house that was on fire.


Fire crews were called to Nelson Street in Bangor just before 5:30 Wednesday evening.

Officials say when they arrived smoke was coming from the home.

We're told the damage was contained to the second floor of the house.

No one was hurt.

There's no word yet on a cause.

The fire is still under investigation.

The Red Cross is helping the 6 people affected.