WINTHROP, Maine (WABI) - Fire gutted the former Winthrop Post Office in February of 2017.
On Thursday officials held a ceremony to open a new one.
The fire started in a void space in the attic of the former building.
The Main Street building was torn down and services provided from a mobile mail van in the parking lot while the building was rebuilt.
Federal investigators determined that fire was likely the result of a mechanical or electrical malfunction.
Because the fire caused so much damage, they were not able to pinpoint an exact cause.