LEAP Maintenance Manager Larry Lord, hero of Farmington explosion, headed home
The man credited with saving countless lives in the fatal explosion in Farmington is finally going home.
LEAP Incorporated Maintenance Supervisor Larry Lord will be released from a rehab faciity in Boston Friday morning.
He's been recovering since the September blast that killed Farmington Fire Captain Michael Bell and injured 6 others.
Larry is getting a hero's welcome home.
Farmington Fire is asking any agencies that want to participate in a procession for him to line up along Route 27 at the top of Mile hill in New Sharon at 2 Friday afternoon.
Those who want to watch it are encouraged to remain in their vehicles and practice social distancing .
Here is a full schedule for the planned travel route.
The procession will proceed along the following route and estimated time frame for the procession.
Location of Service: Boston MA. Spaulding Rehabilitation Center--- Jay
1. Route 27 North through Augusta/Sidney/Belgrade/Rome/New Sharon.
2. Left on Route 2 towards Farmington.
3. Right on High Street in Farmington.
4. Left on Broadway.
5. Left on Main Street through Farmington through Wilton
6. Left on Route 4 to Jay and Livermore Falls
7. Left on 133/Franklin Road to their residence on Franklin Road in Jay.
Date & Time of Service: 04/10/2020 1100-1115hrs., Boston departure (est.)
1145hrs., MA/NH state line arrival (est.)
1200hrs., NH/ME state line arrival (est.)
1400hrs., Augusta Fire Dept. arrival (est.)
1530hrs., Final destination (est.) Rte. 133, Jay