Investigators say Orrington fire started in the laundry room of the home

By  | 

ORRINGTON, Maine (WABI) - Fire that destroyed an Orrington home Wednesday night started in the laundry room.

That's what investigators say about the blaze on Snows Corner Road.

Crews from at least 8 towns were called to fight it.

Officials aren't sure exactly what caused it but say it may have been an electrical malfunction.

A man that lived there was hurt after jumping from the second floor of the burning home.