Fire burns home in Hermon

By  | 

HERMON, Maine (WABI) - Fire fighters spent several hours battling a house fire in Hermon early Wednesday morning.

Crews from several towns were called to Swan Road a little before 4 a.m.

When they arrived, flames were coming out through the roof.

Everyone inside the home made it out safely, according to a Lieutenant with the Hermon Fire Department.

"The family stated that the smoke detectors is what woke them up and got them out of the house," said Lieutenant Byron Ouellette. "So it's a true testament that smoke detectors do truly save lives. Got all the crews on scene, went to work and were able to knock it down."

No word yet on cause, but the state fire marshal will be contacted to investigate.