Fire heavily damages apartment in Old Town
Fire fighters called out early Friday Morning to an apartment fire on Brunswick Street in Old Town.
Everyone in the 14 units made it out safely.
No injuries were reported.
Flames could be seen on the upper levels of the building.
Fire fighters say the building's construction and redesign over the years allowed the fire to spread quickly.
"From what we can ascertain the fire started in an area that may have been smoldering for quite some time so it had a head start on us and it was an older balloon frame construction building which allows fire travel from floor to floor unimpeded.," said Old Town Deputy Fire Chief David Daniel.
The Red Cross is helping 14 people who were affected by the fire. The apartment's resident's are currently being housed at the Black Bear Inn in Orono.
The Fire Marshal's office is also at the fire and interviewing people Friday morning.