Crews Put Fire Out Quickly In Holden

By  | 

HOLDEN, Maine (WABI) - Crews responded to a fire on Mann Road in Holden Tuesday morning.

We're told a propane heating stove was turned on and a candle on top melted down and caught fire.

There was minor smoke damage and crews were able to put the fire out quickly.

Stove fires are typical during the holidays so firefighters shared some advice.

Holden Fire Chief Ryan Davis said, "Check your labels on your stoves make sure your clearances are all there you know you're not supposed to have combustibles up to any wood-stoves or propane stoves or pellet stoves make sure you're going by your manufactured specs and make sure everything is clean around the stove and on top for sure."

They also remind everyone to be sure they have working smoke detectors.