Court hears Scott Bubar interviews with detectives in third day of his trial

By  | 

AUGUSTA, Maine (WABI) - The Scott Bubar trial continues in Augusta.

Today the court heard recordings of two lengthy interviews between him and investigators.

Bubar is charged with aggravated attempted murder of a Kennebec County Sheriff Sergeant in a police-involved shooting last year.

One of the interviews occurred while Bubar was in the hospital recovering from a gunshot wound and the other took place in jail.

He told investigators that his father, Roger Bubar, is the only one who fired any weapons.

Bubar said that he pleaded with his father not to shoot and even struggled to take the 12-gauge shotgun away from him.

The detective who conducted the interview took the stand as well as members of the tactical team that responded to the incident.

The trial resumes Monday.