Boy shocked by power line, found unconscious in tree

By  | 

PRESQUE ISLE, Maine (WABI) - A northern Maine boy is recovering at a Boston hospital after he was shocked by a power line while climbing a tree.

Presque Isle Fire Chief Darrell White said they received a call about a child stuck in a tree at about 6:30 p.m. Tuesday.

When rescue crews arrived, the found the boy was unconscious in the tree and had come into contact with a power line.

The boy was taken to a Presque Isle hospital before being flown by helicopter to Boston.

Kendra Overlock, Director of Customer Service for Emera Maine, said, "We take any incident like this very seriously. A full investigation is underway to understand more about the details of this occurrence. First and foremost, our concerns are with the young boy and his family at this time."

Darrell White, The Presque Isle Fire Chief, said the severity of the child's injuries was unknown.

White did not release the child's name or age.