Fatal fire in Vassalboro caused by overloaded toaster

Published: Feb. 14, 2020 at 8:02 AM EST
Email this link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

Tragedy struck a Vassalboro family last night when an overloaded toaster caused a fire that swept through their home, leaving one man dead.

Fire crews were called to a home on Hussey Hill Road just after 5 Thursday night.

26-year-old Nicholas Blaschke lived in the home with his mother, who found the fire when she came home from work.

She called for help and tried to pull her son from the kitchen to safety, according to authorities, but she was unable to move him on her own.

An off duty state police trooper who lives nearby was the one to pull Blaschke out of the smoke filled home.

Investigators say Blaschke overloaded the toaster which overheated and caught fire.

Latest News

Latest News