Crews respond to fire at Westbrook High School
WESTBROOK, Maine (WMTW) - The Westbrook Fire Department responded to a fire at Westbrook High School early Sunday morning.
Department officials say first responders discovered smoke and fire coming from the third-floor classroom.
The fire activated a sprinkler system which, firefighters say, kept the fire from spreading.
“The cause of the fire was determined to be electrical in nature secondary to the improper use of an extension cord with a window air conditioner,” department officials said in a Facebook post.
No injuries were reported.
Copyright 2021 WMTWI. All rights reserved.