1 lb fresh scallops Slice into silver dollar size
1 mango, medium dice
1 avocado, medium dice
2 tbsp chopped cilantro
3 tbsp veggie oil, or canola
Salt and pepper to taste
3 tbsp lime juice
1. In a bowl add the mango, avocado, cilantro, and lime juice; toss this all together. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
2. Next add oil to the pan, wait until very hot.
3. Add scallops and sear until golden brown on both sides.
4. When cooked through arrange on plate and garnish with the mango and avocado mixture.
German Potato Pancake
3 potatoes, bakers, russets, grated
4 strips of bacon, cooked and diced
¼ cup thinly sliced scallions
3 tbsp minced chives
2 ounces flour
1. Grate the potatoes and add to bowl.
2. Add all the remaining ingredients.
3. Test one by forming into patty, if it seems loose add more flour to hold together.
4. Add 3 tbsp butter in pan over medium heat, cook until golden brown on both sides.
1 cup mayo
¼ minced fresh chives
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 clove garlic, minced
1. Add all ingredients into bowl and mix well.
2. Serve with finished potato cakes.
TV5 Forecast Center
L'Aperitif's Mango Scallops and German Potato Pancake with Chive Aioli
Fields marked with a * are required.
Want a personal picture next to your comment? Sign up for a free Gravatar or post with your facebook account.
Breaking News from CBS
Fire official said landslide swept over school children on a field trip, burying one to the waist and completely burying the other
Grand jury indictment accuses Matthew Ryan Buquet of mailing a threatening communication to a U.S. district judge
A school bus slammed into the back of another, setting off a chain-reaction crash involving four buses
24 people killed after deadly twister touches down in Moore, Oklahoma
Video: 5/22: Residents return to tornado-ravaged neighborhoods; Undercover in a Bangladesh clothing factory
The sight of the damage caused by Monday's tornado was almost more than some survivors could bear; Also, Lois Lerner, the IRS manager at the heart of the political targeting scandal, delivered an opening statement Wednesday before a congressional committee, but she refused to take any lawmakers' questions; And, Many American clothes come from factories in Bangladesh, which has a history of workplace disasters.