1 LARGE TORTE SERVES 6 -8
1 1/2 cups crushed graham crackers
1/3 cup granulated white sugar
1/2 cup melted butterCream Cheese Mix
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
2 eggs, beaten
3/4 cup sugarPumpkin Mix
2 cups pumpkin (canned)
3 egg yolks
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1/4 cup granulated white sugar
1 tablespoon spoon unflavored gelatin
3 egg whites
1. Mix crust ingredients until moist, and press gently and evenly into bottom of 9"x13" cake pan.
2. Blend cream cheese mix ingredients until smooth and free of lumps; I find it easiest to cream the cheese& sugar together, and then gradually add the egg.
3. Pour over crust, then bake 20 minutes at 350 degrees. Remove and let c ool to room temp.
4. Combine all pumpkin mix ingredients except last three (egg whites, gelatin and 1/4 cup sugar); cook on stovetop until thickened.
5. Remove from heat.
6. Dissolve gelatin in 1/4-cup cold water; add to pumpkin mixture.
7. Cool to room temperature.
8. Whip the egg whites, gradually adding 1/4-cup sugar, until stiff.
9. Gently fold into pumpkin mixture.
10. Pour onto cheesecake and chill in refrigerator until set.