*** Serves 6-8 People ***
3 whole peeled pork tenderloin
1 cup Maine maple syrup
cup BBQ sauce
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
1 tablespoon shallot, chopped fine
Pinch of salt
2 qts apple cider
1. Mix BBQ sauce,maple syrup, garlic, shallots and salt. Then pour over thepork and rub in. Cover and refrigerateuntil ready to cook. You can marinate the pork a day in advance for even better flavor.
2. Place pork on a hot grill and brown on all sides. When browned, put pork on a dish then place in a 375 oven for about 8-10 minutes or until pork is medium/medium-rare. Of course, cook longer if you want it well done. Pork will be more moist if cooked to medium/medium-rare.
3. Place apple cider in heavy bottom pot, andplace on low to medium heat. Simmer andreduceby a half to a third until it becomes a thick consistency, enough to coat the pan. This will takeapproximately 30-40 minutes, so it may be a good idea to make ahead of time.
Gorgonzola Scalloped Potatoes
4 cups potatoes, sliced thin(I use Yukon's)
2 cups heavy cream
1 cup parmesan cheese
1 cup gorgonzola cheese
2 tablespoons of garlic powder
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
cup fresh parsley, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2.Place sliced potatoes in alarge mixing bowl. Add cream and make sure to mix thoroughly so that all the potatoes are coated.
3. Addboth the parmesan and gorgonzola cheese,along with garlic powder, salt, pepper and parsley. Mix well.
4. Once everything is mixed together,begin layering the potatoes in a greased,medium-sized casserole dish. Once all the potatoes are layered in the dish, takecream and cheese mixture and pour over the potatoes.
5. Place dish in 350 oven and cook for about1 hour.Make sureto check half way through cookingand rotate the dish if necessary, to ensure even cooking.Potatoes should be done when they'reevenly browned on top and the mixturesets still.
6.Remove from the oven and letrest for about 15 minutes soit setsup completely. Enjoy!