Mary Lavanway is a dietician with Hannaford she shares some dessert ideas that are not only tasty, but nutritious too.
Quick Apple Crisp:
Yields: 6 - 8 servings
3 1/2 cups diced apples (or a 12 ounce bag of sliced apples)
1/2 teapoon of McCormick® Apple Pie Spice
1/4 cup Hannaford chopped walnuts
1/4 cup Hannaford chopped pecan pieces
3/4 cup Kashi® GOLEAN Crunch!® cereal
1/8 cup maple syrup
1 cup Dannon® Oikos® Vanilla
1. Spread apples into a glass pie pan, and sprinkle with apple pie spice. Microwave for 1 1/2 minutes.
2. Spread walnuts, pecans and cereal evenly over the apples, then drizzle wth maple syrup.
3. Microwave for another 2 1/2 minutes.
4. Top each serving with a tablespoon of vanilla greek yogurt.
Yields: 2 - 3 servings
2 large, ripe avocados, pits and skin removed
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup honey
1 teaspoon McCormick® vanilla
Pinch of salt (optional)
1. Place all ingredients in a food processor and mix (in a pinch you can mash the avocado with a fork, add the rest of
the ingredients and use a whisk to blend it all together).
2. Top with a fresh mint leaf and a spoonful of whipped cream. (optional)
TV5 Forecast Center
Keeping Healthy Through the Holidays: Quick Apple Crisp & Chocolate Mousse
Fields marked with a * are required.
Want a personal picture next to your comment? Sign up for a free Gravatar or post with your facebook account.
Breaking News from CBS
Authorities investigating after car drives into group of hikers in Damascus
Learn more about heroin, help for addiction and efforts to prevent violence
A plane carrying 140 people caught on fire when landing at an airport in Moscow, Russia. No one was injured. Video shows passengers fleeing the aircraft via emergency exits, then jumping from the wing, while firefighters attempt to extinguish the flames.
Hundreds of Granbury residents show up for first time since deadly tornado ravaged their town
Caught on tape: Video shows a tornado ripping through Newcastle, Texas, on May 17, 2013.