Mac n Cheese
3 tablespoons plain dry breadcrumbs
1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1 16-ounce or 10-ounce package frozen spinach
1 3/4 cups low-fat milk
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 cups shredded extra-sharp Cheddar cheese
1 cup low-fat cottage cheese
dash of ground nutmeg ,salt /pepper
8 ounces (2 cups) whole-wheat elbow macaroni, or penne
1. Boil. Preheat oven to 450°F. Coat an 8-inch-square (2-quart) baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Mix breadcrumbs, oil and paprika in a small bowl. Place spinach in a fine-mesh strainer and press out excess moisture.
3. Heat 1 1/2 cups milk in a large heavy saucepan over medium-high heat until steaming. Whisk remaining 1/4 cup milk and flour in a small bowl until smooth; add to the hot milk and cook, whisking constantly, until the sauce simmers and thickens, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in Cheddar until melted. Stir in cottage cheese, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
4. Cook pasta for 4 minutes, or until not quite tender. (It will continue to cook during baking.) Drain and add to the cheese sauce; mix well. Spread half the pasta mixture in the prepared baking dish. Spoon the spinach on top. Top with the remaining pasta; sprinkle with the breadcrumb mixture.
5. Bake the casserole until bubbly and golden, 25 to 30 minutes.
Chinese take out at home
1/4 cup organic creamy peanut butter
2 teaspoon peeled grated fresh ginger
2 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
1 teaspoon Asian sesame oil
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper sauce
1 package (8 ounces) soba noodles, (100% buckwheat)
1/2 bag (10 ounces) shredded or matchstick carrots
1 poundlarge shrimp, shelled and deveined take off tail
4 ounce snow peas
fresh cilantro leaves, chopped, plus additional sprigs for garnish
1. In small bowl, place peanut butter, ginger, soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, and cayenne pepper sauce; set aside.
2. Heat covered 5- to 6-quart saucepot of water and 1 teaspoon salt to boiling over high heat. Add noodles and cook 4 minutes. Add carrots and cook 1 minute. Add shrimp and snow peas and cook 2 minutes more. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta cooking water. Drain noodles, shrimp, and vegetables into large colander. Transfer noodle mixture to large bowl.
3. With whisk, beat reserved cooking water into peanut-butter mixture until well blended. Add peanut sauce and chopped cilantro leaves to noodle mixture in bowl and toss until evenly coated.
4. To serve, spoon into 4 large bowls; garnish each serving with a cilantro sprig.
TV5 Forecast Center
Ann Marie Orr Cooks up Some Comfort Foods in the TV5 Kitchen
Mac n Cheese
Fields marked with a * are required.
Want a personal picture next to your comment? Sign up for a free Gravatar or post with your facebook account.
Breaking News from CBS
Toddler who lost feet after father accidentally backed over her with lawnmower takes first steps on prosthetic test legs
Three Atlanta radio hosts were fired for mocking former Saints player Steve Gleason's battle with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
New maps show that in wake of Superstorm Sandy, evacuation zones cover more than a third of the city's population
Compensation will be distributed to victims of Boston Marathon bombings by end of June
Five lemurs from Madagascar are now living at the San Diego Zoo. The ring-tailed and wide-eyed creatures live in a free-range exhibit called "Lemur Walk," which allows visitors close-up views of these friendly animals.