1/4 Basic Pasta (follow recipe through step 9)
8-12 oz. fresh roasted chicken, sliced
2 tablespoons roasted red peppers, peeled, seeded and sliced
1 teaspoon smoked bacon, cooked and crumbled
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon fresh chopped garlic
1 cup fresh baby spinach, blanched
1 cup fresh beet greens, blanched
juice from half a lemon
Roll up pasta from 1 end to the other, and cut crosswise to desired width of noodle...about 1/2 inch for pappardelle. Pull pasta apart to unravel, then set aside for 6 minutes.
1. In a large saut pan, sweat olive oil and garlic.
2. Add Bacon, chicken, peppers and greens, toss and stir to coat with oil.
3. Add lemon juice.
4. Boil pasta for two minutes, strain and toss with chicken. Saut.
5. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Serve with freshly grated aged cheese such as asiago, or dry jack cheese.*** Serves two fully as an entre ***