1/2 cup Buckwheat flour
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup cake flour
1 Tbsp. baking powder
1 1/2 tsp. sugar
3/4 tsp. salt
1/2 cup cold water
3/4 cup boiling water
1) Preheat griddle.
2) Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl with a whisk until incorporated.
3) Add the cold water and stir combining with the dry ingredients. Mixture will be very thick.
4) All at once add the boiling water and stir with whisk until smooth. At this point the baking soda will react with the hot water and the mixture will foam up.
5) Lightly oil hot pan. Pour batter onto pan creating 3” ployes. The batter will create bubbles on the surface. Do not turn ployes.
6) Continue cooking until the bottoms are golden brown and the surfaces are dry.
7) Remove ployes to a drying rack and keep warm.
8) Cook remaining ployes.
9) Serve with butter spread, maple syrup or jam.
TV5 Forecast Center
Fields marked with a * are required.
Want a personal picture next to your comment? Sign up for a free Gravatar or post with your facebook account.
Breaking News from CBS
Manager of Chicago's Navy Pier rode tourist spot's Ferris wheel for more than two days to break world record
More than 85,000 veterans treated last year for injuries or illness stemming from sexual abuse in military, and 4,000 sought disability benefits
As cities have prospered in the last few decades, their suburbs have absorbed those struggling to get by
After former Navy secretary urged gov't to stockpile anti-anthrax drug, his biotech firm won $334M in federal contracts beginning in 2006
At least 2 dead, 21 more people injured by powerful storm system spanning from Texas to Minnesota; forecasters say more severe weather on the way