2 cups all-purpose flour
2 Tbsp. sugar
3/4 tsp. salt
2 1/2 cups whole milk
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
4 large eggs
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
8 oz. ricotta cheese
1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 large egg
Citrus Berry Compote:
2 cups mixed berries (Blueberries, Blackberries, Raspberries)
1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp. water
1/4 cup sugar
Pinch of salt
2 Tbsp. cornstarch
1 tsp. orange zest
1 tsp. lemon zest
1 tsp. lemon juice
1) Sift flour sugar and salt together in a large bowl. Set aside.
2) Combine milk, butter and eggs in another bowl.
3) Add milk mixture to flour mixture and whisk until well incorporated and smooth.
4) Cover and set aside to rest for 1 hour.
5) Meanwhile combine all of the filling ingredients in the bowl of an electric mixer until smooth. Refrigerate.
6) Mix berries with 1/4 cup of water, sugar and salt in a medium saucepan.
7) Bring to a simmer over medium heat.
8) Combine cornstarch with remaining 2 Tbsp. of water until smooth.
9) Add to berry mixture and cook for 1 minute until thickened.
10) Remove berry compote from heat and add zests and juice. Refrigerate.
11) Heat a large nonstick or seasoned pan over medium heat. Rub the ban with oil.
12) Pour in 1/4 cup crepe batter, swirling the pan to distribute evenly.
13) Cook until just set. Flip and cook for about 30 seconds more. Remove from heat and slide crepe onto a serving plate. Cover with wax paper or parchment.
14) Continue cooking and stacking crepes.
15) Heat oven to 375° F.
16) Spoon 2 Tbsp. filling onto crepe. Fold the sides and roll up making sure that the cheese is well encased. Repeat with remaining crepes and filling.
17) Melt some unsalted butter in pan. Fry a few blintzes until lightly golden on both sides. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
18) Place browned blintzes in oven and cook until cheese is set 8 – 10 minutes.
19) Remove from oven, place on serving plates, garnish with berry compote, dollop of sour cream and powdered sugar. Serve immediately.