Jackman Man Escapes Home Thanks To Working Smoke Detector

By  | 

JACKMAN, Maine (WABI) A smoke detector alerted a Jackman man to get out of his house when fire broke out in the wee hours of this morning.

The town's fire chief tells us just before 2 am crews arrived to find a mobile home on Johns Street fully engulfed in flames.

The chief says the temperature outside was 11 degrees below zero.

The man who lived there escaped with only the clothes on his back.

We're told his two pets did not make it out.