ELLSWORTH, Maine (WABI) - There was a fire at the Washington Hancock County Community Agency building in Ellsworth Tuesday afternoon.
Crews from four departments responded to the non profit agency a little after one o'clock.
There was a fire on an outside wall on the back of the building.
According to the Ellsworth Fire Deputy Fire Chief, it started when a service company was trying to thaw frozen pipes.
"What we recommend when anyone has a frozen pipe is a slow warm up. Anything from using a hot towel to a blow dryer to you know if it's in a basement setting up a space heater that's a safe distance away from anything that will burn any combustibles and just basically keep an eye on it," said Ellsworth Deputy Fire Chief Gary Saunders. "We do not recommend using any open flame devices, torches, things of that nature because obviously bad things can happen."
There was just minor damage to the back outside wall of the building, no injuries were reported.
Crews are going to investigate exactly how the fire started.